[fusion_builder_container hundred_percent=”yes” overflow=”visible”][fusion_builder_row][fusion_builder_column type=”1_1″ background_position=”left top” background_color=”” border_size=”” border_color=”” border_style=”solid” spacing=”yes” background_image=”” background_repeat=”no-repeat” padding=”” margin_top=”0px” margin_bottom=”0px” class=”” id=”” animation_type=”” animation_speed=”0.3″ animation_direction=”left” hide_on_mobile=”no” center_content=”no” min_height=”none”]Jochen Spalding posted an image to ADN that he took with a lens baby. I responded that I had borrowed a lens baby but never got the hang of using it. He encouraged me to try again so … I did. After breakfast I attached a 10x macro lens and attempted to capture some images. I tried taking some photos of rain drops on some leaves in the backyard. I noticed the spider to focused on that instead. It took some effort. The spider kept moving and keeping the camera steady was a challenge. I had to use my trip with the camera mounted a few inches from the spider. I had to use the flip screen on the camera and I could not get close enough to shoot through the view finder without disturbing the web.
I could do better. I could have used a narrower aperture to get more depth of field and perhaps using a flash to provide some extra illumination.
In the afternoon I decided to try again with a different subject. This is a flower from one of the many hostas growing in my garden. The challenge here was the slight breeze that caused the flower stalk to sway slightly. It made focusing difficult and as with the spider it took me almost 30 minutes go get this shot.
I think with a bit of patience and practice I will get better results from this lens baby.